Having been in York since 1995, we’ve established a strong reputation and managed to build a fleet from 20 cars to 2,000+ vehicles. So if you’re looking for affordable car hire York prices, we’re the people you need to speak to!
We’ve got two locations in the heart of York and both are based near the York Train Station and on the inner city ring road. So if you’re making a quick visit to the city or not familiar with the local area, you’ll be able to navigate around with ease.
Simply call us on 01904 557 528 to speak to a member of our car hire York team who’ll gladly arrange your next hire.
So what’s the benefit of hiring a car?
From special projects to visiting a city for the first time, hiring a car can be extremely useful. We’d recommend hiring a car if you’re:
- Looking for a quick replacement whilst your current car is off the road.
- Started a new job or have a new employee and need to get mobile.
- Using a hire car for travelling to and from a location for business purposes.
- One-way travel to major airports. Removing the need to arrange for taxis or airport parking.
- Need a specialist vehicle (like a van) for a limited amount of time.
- Looking for full flexibility. If you only need to drive occasionally, hiring a car is the perfect solution and can save against owning a car full-time.
- No long-term commitments. Simply arrange your booking around whenever it suits you to best and return when no longer needed.
Please speak to a member of our car hire York team to find out more about daily car hire and how this can work around you.
What’s there to do in York?
Based in the North Yorkshire region, York is a beautiful city that’s home to more than 2,000 year’s worth of history. Travel through time and explore attractions such as the ancient Roman (bar) walls, Viking remains at the Jorvik Centre as well as the famous York Minster.
York’s also home to the National Railway Museum which hosts a fleet of famous trains including the Flying Scotsman, Mallard, Lode Start, Duchess of Hamilton and Japan’s Bullet Train.
Aside from the attractions, York has plenty to offer to have a vibrant nightlife with a plethora of bars and clubs to visit. You’ll also be spoilt for choice when comes down to deciding where to eat. As there are plenty of different restaurants to choose from.
Equally, there are plenty of attractions to explore outside of York too. Our inner city road network will quickly lead onto main roads taking you to places such as:
- Castle Howard: A grand 18th-century residence set within 1,000 acres of picturesque North Yorkshire Landscape.
- Brimham Rocks: Described as nature’s playground, this natural rock formation is a great place to spend with your family.
- Eden Camp: Located in the outskirts of Malton in North Yorkshire, Eden Camp is a modern history-themed museum hosted in an original World War Two prisoner of war camp.
- Flamingo Land: A theme park, zoo and holiday village all rolled into a massive 375-acre site. Home to over 100 rides and more than 1,000 different animals, exotic birds, fish and reptiles.
- Dalby Forest: Based in the southern slopes of the North Yorkshire Moors, Dalby Forest offers a collection of hiking and mountain bike trails as well as a ‘Forest Drive’ and a Go Ape centre.
- Robin Hoods Bay: A small fishing village and a bay located in the North York Moors National Park. Home to family-friendly beaches, fossils and the Dinosaur Coast. A great day out for the family.
- Mother Shipton’s Cave: Located in Knaresborough, close to the River Nidd, Mother Shipton’s cave is England’s oldest visitor attraction. Millions of visitors have been mesmerised by park’s petrifying well and home to the legendary soothsayer.
We’ve also partnered up with visityork.org to provide our car hire customers with exclusive discounts in certain bars and restaurants throughout the local area.
Don’t forget to speak to a member of our front office team, when collecting your vehicle to find out more!
Parking or Driving around York
Looped by two major A-roads, the A64 and the A1237, York is accessible from every location. The A1 (M) is closely linked and can provide access south to Doncaster (and onwards) as well as north to Newcastle and beyond. The A64 also provides quick access west to Leeds and Manchester.
In the city-centre however, the main streets are pedestrianised by day which is inaccessible by car. However, there is plenty of inner cities car-parks to choose from as well as York’s park and ride system.
During peak periods, York can suffer from heavy congestion due to the historic layout of the city. We’d always recommend to factor extra time and to plan your journey ahead of your car hire York booking.
Why should you choose us?
- We have great UK coverage with access and utilize one of the largest fleets with over 450,000 different types of vehicles across 1,800+ locations, including all major airports.
- We have industry-leading booking software that’s not only free but easy to use! Your next car hire York booking couldn’t be any simpler.
- We deliver anywhere in the UK within two hours and can arrange a booking within 30-mins of an unscheduled drop-in.
- You’ll have a dedicated account manager to handle every aspect of your booking.
- We work with trusted rental partners to include Europcar, Hertz, Avis, Thrifty, Nexus, Compello and SHB guarantees cost savings, damage control, management information, simple invoicing.
- We can arrange specialist vehicles. Such as welfare relief vans to industry-specific vehicles.
- We’ll always guarantee a rental as part of our ‘No Turn Down’ policy.
- We work internationally and arrange your booking even if you’re across the pond.
Car Hire York frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Stuck on hiring a car? Our FAQ section should be able to help with any common questions below ahead of your car hire york reservation.
How can I contact you?
You can contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling free on 01904 557 528
How can I pay for my rental?
We have the option to take rental bookings by either debit or credit card with no additional charges. All major credit card types are expected.
What are the benefits of becoming a Europcar Member?
You get a ‘Privilege Card’ which entitles you to pre-printed check-out, free rental upgrades and free car rentals.
Can I check rates without making a reservation?
Of course! We even aim to price-match your rental should you have got it cheaper elsewhere. Simply leave us a message by calling or emailing and we’ll be happy to help.
What documents do I need to present when I pick up my car?
We would need a form of ID and driving license as well as your booking payment card. If your booking is placed online, then a required list of documents will then be sent to your booking email address.
Can I drive into another country?
You will have to let us know beforehand, however, so we can arrange the necessary paperwork for you to take abroad.
Will there be a deposit taken when I pick up the car?
Yes there will always be at £250 deposit to be paid by credit/debit card
Can I modify or cancel my booking?
You can modify, change or cancel your booking up to 24 hours before your pickup date
Do you accept cash?
Can I use a debit card?
What’s the minimum age to hire a vehicle?
Minimum age to hire a vehicle in the UK is currently 22. Due to insurance purposes, a young-driver charge is required.
If we’ve not answered your question, don’t hesitate to contact us on 01904 557 528 or simply email us (York Office email@example.com) and a member of our car hire York team will be more than happy to advise.