The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a global health crisis that can affect the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world. Our thoughts are with all of those affected by the illness.
At Autohorn Fleet Services, we understand the overwhelming priority to contain the virus and to minimise transmission between others. This will help reduce the impact that COVID-19 will have on our families and the emergency services.
As it currently stands, we are operating on a business as usual basis. All current and new orders will be processed within our usual time periods and we will continue to provide customers with the highest level of customer service.
To help with the increased demand for the use of emergency services, discounts for both vehicle rental and vehicle leases are available for emergency services personnel. Please speak to a member of our team to find out more.
- NHS Guidance
- Government Guidance
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Guidance
- World Health Organisation (WHO) FAQs
What are we doing?
Following the guidance given to us from authorities, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and the focus of hygiene management within our offices and vehicles.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning high touch areas such as door handles, desks, cutlery, mugs as well as other appliances
- Installed electric hand-sanitizer dispensers on both entrances to the office. We have also redoubled efforts to ensure that soap and antibacterial wipes are readily available for anyone to use.
- Continued to remind staff members and customers of the importance of good hygiene whilst in the office.
For our vehicles, we are also providing special attention to ensure the following areas below are thoroughly cleaned:
- Handles (external & internal)
- Vehicle key and fob
- Seat belts
- Steering wheel
- Dashboard and glovebox
- Rearview mirror
- Fuel cap and flap
Guidance for Customers and Employees
If you have any of the symptoms below; it is advised that you stay at home and self-isolate for up to 14 days.
- A high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Please do not visit our offices or go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
During the checkout of a new vehicle rental or lease, we have implemented the following procedures below:
- Colleagues are advised to ensure that they stay minimum 2 metres away from the customer and there is no customer contact, gloves are worn at all times.
- If a customer states they are in the process of self-isolating, please inform them that unfortunately, we cannot commence with the hire.
- Please inform your account manager by providing your registration number and if possible, account number.
- Customers are advised that they have a duty of care as per Public Health England’s guidelines to make us aware if they have been told to self-isolate or been confirmed to have COVID-19 during the rental period.
- Once the vehicle has been returned back to us, the standard procedure for off-hire will apply.
Existing customers who have a vehicle and develop COVID-19 or are told to self-isolate during the rental
- The customer will be advised to not re-enter the vehicle for the duration of the rental
- The vehicle will be parked and isolated for up to 72 hours.
- After (min) 72 hours the vehicle will be collected and taken back to the office to be cleaned and inspected.
- The customer will be advised to place the keys into a sealed bag/envelope
- When the driver arrives, they will notify the customer and instruct them to hand the keys through the letterbox.
- The Driver MUST wear gloves at all times during this process
We will continually review our procedures and will closely follow the guidance set out by Government policies. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.
Preventing the spread of infection
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environments.
Further information is available on the PHE blog and NHS.UK.