Autohorn Fleet Services, York-based, Fleet Management Company, has announced today that it has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter.
As an employer, we recognise that in the UK, people experiencing mental ill-health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work.
Having signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
As an employer, we’ve made an on-going commitment for our team to:
- Provide proactive and non-judgemental support for staff members experiencing ill mental health
- Never to make assumptions about an employee or a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
- To be positive and enabling towards employees, as well as job applicants, with a mental health condition
- Support line-managers in managing and recognising mental health in the workplace
- Ensure we’re fair with any new recruitment process in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- Make it clear that people who have experienced or experiencing mental ill-health will not be discriminated against
About Mindful Employer
Launched back in 2004, Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. Providing employers with easy access to professional workplace mental health training, information and advice; our goal is to help empower organisations – large or small – to take a lead in supporting the mental wellbeing of staff.
As part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, Mindful Employer and its services are administered by a team of Mental Health and Employment Professionals. Combining our expertise across these sectors with our values of ‘Association’ and ‘Collaboration’ with employers, we provide a specialist approach to supporting mental health in the workplace.
By signing the ‘Charter for Employer Positive about Mental Health’, Autohorn Fleet Services have made a public statement of our desire to support the mental health of our staff across the organisation.’